StickNFind Bluetooth Beacons for Enterprise Asset Tracking and Customer Engagement now available from Unique Micro Design
UMD-Edge Newsletter - Issue 2013/01 This issue provides a brief UMD update including staff changes and details appropriate sales team member for products, systems and solution inquiries.
Try On Your Sound @ Cotton On: UMD developed and installed the first of its new Retail Edgeware Application Platforms and custom RFID terminals, into change rooms at Cotton On's Carindale Brisbane store. RFID tags attached to specific lines of clothing are read by the terminals as customers enter a change room, playing music selected by Cotton On which matches the mood of the clothing. See press here, here and here.
Geoffrey Ramadan, Managing Director and Chief Solutions Architect for UMD said: "The starting point in developing many RFID solutions is in the appropriate selection of RFID tags during the proof of concept stage. But, given the many factors that affect the performance of RFID tags, it is essential that RFID tags be tested in their intended environment."
"Industry ability to get small quantities of tags for such testing has been very limited. Our intention isto support users, and industry, in the supply of sample tags for such testing. We also expect our range to grow over time."
- UMD Seasons Greetings e-Card
- UMD Edge Newsletter - Issue E10-003
- New Agency - Cradlepoint Technologies)
- Innovative 3G/4G Routers
- UMD Edge Newsletter - Issue E10-002
- New RFID Agency - Convergence Systems Limited (CSL)
- UMD Edge Newsletter - Issue E10-001
- UMD Appointed Platinum Business Partner for Honeywell Scanning & Mobility (HSM) products
- UMD Edge Newsletter - Issue E09-003
- UMD develops "U" Series Cash Drawers with integrated USB interface
- UMD Edge Newsletter - Issue E09-002
- UMD Company Profile - Abridged Version
- UMD Edge Newsletter - Issue E09-001
- Introduction to UMD-Edge Newsletters
- New Product Release - Intermec CN50 Mobile Computer
- UMD has been appointed a Intermec Printer Service Partner(IPSP) for repairs of Desktop and Industrial Label Printers. UMD for many years has been able to provide quality out of warranty repairs on the entire range of label printers. With the new appointment, UMD is now Certified by Intermec to conduct repairs during the standard warranty period and on printers under the Intermec Medallion Program.
- UMD have been appointed an Australian distributor for Tracient Technologies range of RFID Bluetooth readers.
- Intermec releases the CK3 RF Warehousing Mobile Terminal..
- UMD have added the Honywell AIDC range of barcoding products to its range.
- New Agency - UMD has been appointed as an Australian Distributor of SkyeTek RFID OEM Modules.
SkyeTek specialise in the supply of low cost HF and UHF RFID modules for mobile and embedded applications.
- New Retail Consumables Online - The UMD On-Line Shop is now available for ordering a select group of consumable items for our extensive range of printers and mobile devices and some consumer products.
Advantages of ordering on-line include: Available 24x7; Priority despatch; FREE delivery, Australia wide
- New Quotation Tool - UMD Custom Label Quotation System provides real time quotation of customer labels.
- New Product Release - Intermec SR30 Hand Held Barocde Scanner
- New Service Release - http://labels.umd.com.au UMD's On-Line Custom Label Quotation System.
- New Agency - UMD has taken on the distribution of Cherry Keyboards.
- New Product Release - Senor APOS POS Touch POS System
- New Product Release - Senor COMPOSER Industrial & POS Industrial Panel Mount Computer.
- New Product Release - FerroxTag HF RFID Asset Tag and FerroxTag HF RFID Asset Tag with Barcode.
- New Agency and Product Release - UMD have been appointed value added distributor for the Casio range of Mobile Computer Products. Initial product releases includes:
- Casio DTX7 Hand Held PC
- New Product Release - Intermec IT32A UHF RFID ID Card
- New Product Release - Intermec PF8 Desktop Thermal Printer
- Intermec PF8d Direct Thermal Printer
- Intermec PF8d Thermal Transfer Printer
- UMD offer RF Wireless Engineering Services (independent of hardware sales)
- UMD Business Solutions Team supports Resellers and Customers in the design and deployment of edgeware solutions including RFID and Intelligent Sensor Networks.
- New Product Release - Intermec CK31ex with "advance" Extended ranged barcode scanner.
- UMD signs distribution agreement to market the SkyeTek range of low cost HF and UHF RFID modules for mobile and embedded applications for the Australian and New Zealand Market.
- Intermec CN3 Mobile Computer released.
- Senor Mini POS PC released.
- Intermec CV30 Vehicle/Fixed Mount Computer Released.
- UMD introduces new Custom Label Ordering From.
- UMD introduces On-Line Shop (shop.umd.com.au)
- APICS: RFID Short Couse on RFID and EPC Global Network.
- UMD Will be exhibiting at upcoming RFID World 2006 Exhibition and Conference.
- UMD Expands distribution of Epson products to include Epson Printer Mechanism
- APICS: RFID Tailored 1 Day Workshop.
- APICS: RFID Short Course Program for 2006.
- 15/05/2011 Issue 11-005 UMD News Letter